- the subject of the book is one of the most famous true samurai revenge tales in Japanese history, and was in 2013 made into a Hollywod movie with Keanu Reeves
- author Sato is well known to readers of Japanese literature and samurai history and has been called "“the pre-eminent translator of Japanese poetry in our time"
- tales of samurai loyalty and bushido are evergreen with American readers
- Sato's fresh combination of history, poetry, cultural analysis, and fictional narrative is a thoroughly new way of approaching a story that is already known to Western readers
- fits right into Stone Bridge's community of readers interested in Japanese culture and history