It is increasingly important for drone pilots to log their flight data, both to demonstrate their experience and to record training received. Using the UAV Pilot Logbook allows you to accurately and completely log these personal flight data. To record your aircraft technical data we recommend you check Amazon for our companion volume, the UAV Aircraft Logbook.
In the UAV Pilot Logbook you can record flight time for rotary, fixed-wing and lighter-than-air (LTA) UAV operations, so that even if you fly a variety of aircraft types you will be able to log all of your data in the same book.
On the inside you will find:
- A page to record pilot information (e.g. qualifications and certificate data).
- A section that provides easy-to-use instructions about how to fill out the log, with an example page included.
- A main flight data section that permits you to record the registration of your aircraft and its type, flight location, flight times, flight duration, flight function, number of landings and any remarks you may want to make, for 1000 flights. This section has recently been improved with an enlarged "minutes" column, in response to a customer critique.
- A section to log your flight and ground training record. You can record ground training courses taken, exams passed and any flight training received so that all of your important pilot records are kept together in one book.
- A section in which instructors can sign off any training course taken by the pilot.
By using the UAV Pilot Logbook:
You save money. You can log 1000 flights in this book, which is far more than that which is permitted by any of the other logbooks available today.
Your book lasts. If you buy the hardcover version (which is admittedly more expensive than the softcover version due to production costs), your book is durable and will stand up to years of use both at home and in the field.
Your book is easy to bring with you when out doing flights. The size is convenient for carrying, either in your backpack or in any small case you may be using. You are therefore able to record your flight data on the spot, something not so easily done when using the other, large-format, paperback logbooks.
You won't waste time or space filling out unnecessary data. The book avoids the wasted space found in other drone logbooks that mistakenly ask you to draw flight plans - this is a pilot's personal flight log, after all.
Bottom line: using the UAV Pilot Logbook makes it easy to demonstrate that you are an experienced and properly trained UAV pilot who takes a professional approach to your flying operations.