Insight Guides City Guide Tokyo
Let us guide you on every step of your travels...
Explore one of the most exciting cities in the world with this inspirational travel guide, now with free eBook.
Get Olympic ready with this inspirational full-colour city guide book to Tokyo. With a free app and eBook, it's all a traveller needs to explore Tokyo in-depth during their 2020 Olympic adventure.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, this guide to Tokyo is all you need to plan your trip and experience the best this city has to offer, with insider information on must-see, top attractions like Senso-ji, Roppongi and the Imperial Palace, together with cultural experiences like enjoying a soothing soak in an onsen with some locals, picnicking in the blossom-strewn Yogogi Park and soaking up the atmosphere in the city's famous Cat's House.
Features of this travel guide to Tokyo:
- Inspirational colour photography: discover the best destinations, sights and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: immerse yourself in Tokyo's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Practical full-colour maps: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Editor's Choice: uncover the best of Tokyo with our pick of the city's top destinations
- Key tips and essential information: packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access this and bonus content from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Imperial Palace; Marunouchi; Nihombashi; Yurakucho; Ginza; Shiodome; Ikebukuro; Shinjuku; Aoyama and Omotesando; Harajuku and Shibuya; Roppongi; Shinagawa; Ueno; Yanesen and Hongo; Asakusa; Suidobashi; Ochanomizu; Kanda; Akihabara; Sumida River and Bayside
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Japan? Check out Insight Guide Japan for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.