The Rough Guide to Kenya
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Kenya with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to climb Mount Kenya, go on a safari in the Maasai Mara or spot birds on Lake Baringo, The Rough Guide to Kenya will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Kenya:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Kenya
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Nairobi, the Rift Valley and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including capturing the inhabitants of Kenya's wildlife-filled national parks and vibrant Nairobi
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found in Nairobi, the Central Highlands and the national parks and Mombasa highway
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Scotland with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Nairobi and around; the Central Highlands; the Rift Valley; Western Kenya; The national parks and Mombasa highway; The coast; The north
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Tanzania, The Rough Guide to South Africa or The Rough Guide to Game Parks of South Africa
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.