Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get hands on and interactive at the science museum Exploratorium, go for a cycle across the iconic, 1.7-mile long Golden Gate Bridge, take an eerie twilight tour of Alcatraz and see why prisoners risked it all to escape; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out San Francisco map (included in print version), plus over 15 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Golden Gate Bridge & Park, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, Downtown, SoMa, Hayes Valley, Civic Center, the Mission, the Haight, NoPa, Alcatraz and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of San Francisco's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet San Francisco guide.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)