Lonely Planet East Timor Phrasebook & Dictionaryis your passport to the most relevant East Timor phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Be able to communicate with locals when hiking on out-of-the-way treks, enjoy trying new meals, or know the etiquette of being a guest in someone's home -all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with our menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet East Timor Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Convenient features
- Listen For - phrases you may hear
- Look For - phrases you may see on signs
- Shortcuts - easy-to-remember alternatives to the full phrases
- Q&A - suggested answers to questions asked
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice:Lonely Planet East Timor Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, John Hajek and Alexandre Vital Tilman.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages.
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)