On Our Shelves
Moon Travel Guides: Your World Your Way
Warm, turquoise ocean, rugged desert mountains, and cities bursting with art and culture. Immerse yourself in this colorful peninsula with Moon Baja.
- Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as "Classic Baja Road Trip," "Marine Adventures," "Exploring the Sierra," and "The Foodie Scene"
- Curated advice from local writer and tour guide Jennifer Kramer, who has spent nearly 30 years sharing all that Baja has to offer
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Cruise down Mexico's Highway 1 with endless desert as a backdrop and the warm Baja breeze on your face. Sip a cerveza from your hammock, or take a panga ride out to see dolphins, whales, and sharks in the Sea of Cortez. Go wine or beer tasting in Ensenada, sample the freshest fish tacos on the beaches of Los Cabos, or shop for beautiful artisan goods in Loreto. Watch the sun set over the ocean, followed by bonfires on the beach with a blanket of stars overhead
- In-depth coverage of Tijuana, Ensenada, and Valle de Guadalupe, Mexicali, San Felipe, and Sierra de Juárez, San Quintín and Bahía de los Ángeles, Guerrero Negro and El Vizcaíno, Loreto and Bahía Magdalena, La Paz, The East Cape and the Sierra de la Laguna, Los Cabos, and Todo Santos and the West Cape
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and individual neighborhoods
- Essential insight for travelers on health and safety, recreation, transportation, and accommodations, as well as a handy Spanish phrasebook, packaged in a book light enough to fit in your beach bag
Hoping for más Mexico? Check out Moon Yucatán Peninsula, Moon San Miguel de Allende, or Moon Mexico City.
About the Author
A Baja California-based tour guide, travel planner, and writer, Jennifer Kramer has been immersed in Baja's culture, history, and natural wonders for over 30 years. From childhood excursions down the peninsula, to her work today as marketing director for her family's company, Discover Baja Travel Club, Jen has made it her life's mission to explore and share all that Baja California has to offer. In this book, her first comprehensive work on the region, Jen not only unlocks Baja's hidden gems, she offers a pragmatic guide for the traveler seeking an adventure off the beaten path.
Jen and her husband currently live in Northern Baja where they lead culinary, wine, and beer tours of the region. When not working, Jen can be found scouting the best taco stands in Tijuana or relaxing at boutique wineries in the Valle de Guadalupe.
Learn more about Jen's Baja adventures and projects by visiting jenniferckramer.com