Your dog is trying to tell you something—are you listening?
“Why does my dog do that?” It’s a question every dog owner has asked—whether their best friend is growling at an unseen foe, or rolling in an objectionable scent. Now, world-leading canine experts and fellow dog-lovers Melissa Starling and Paul McGreevy are here with all the answers:
- How dogs use body language to communicate (with both people and other dogs)
- What motivates dogs (and what doesn’t)
- Rules for canine contentment (for example, most dogs don’t enjoy hugging)
- Subtle signs of discomfort, stress, and fear (like lip licking)
- And even how to choose the furry companion that’s right for you.
In Making Dogs Happy,
you’ll learn to see the world as your dog does—full of goals to pursue, resources to guard, and stressors to avoid. Using that knowledge, you’ll be able to communicate with (and train) your dog so that they’re the happiest hound on the block. Decode your dog’s emotions and behaviors—and be the best dog parent you can be.