This book is harder to get and may take several weeks if available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Construction Change Order Claims brings you up-to-date with the latest methods for determining value of work or all types of projects. Commonly encountered claim issues are covered in detail, including:
- Surety issues
- Evaluating changes resulting from ambiguous specifications or inadequate design
- Measuring the cost impact of delays
- Proving the price of damages
This all-in-one resource guides you through every type and aspect of change claims, offering hands-on guidance and analysis from 25 experienced practitioners. Construction Change Order Claims helps you quickly answer difficult questions such as:
- Is a change order on a construction project an "extra"--or is it included within the scope of the basic contract price?
- When does an owner's unintentional interference cross the line between a mere impairment or hindrance to an alteration of the contractor's intended methods of performance?
- What specific circumstances support the use of the cardinal change doctrine?
- What circumstances must be present to employ the Percentage of Completion accounting method?
Construction Change Order Claims delivers:
- Innovative defenses to avoid being bound by a release
- Guidance for anticipating contractor defenses, and for preparing opposing arguments
- Practical tips and accounting tools for evaluating progress and calculating payments
- Federal, state and local certification requirements for public and private projects
- And more
Previous Edition: Construction Change Order Claims, Third Edition ISBN 9781454899969