On Our Shelves Now - Available to Ship to Your Home
A goblin with no body and a monster with no face. A resourceful samurai and a faithful daughter. A spirit of the moon and a dragon king.
This collection of 15 traditional Japanese folktales transports readers to a time of adventure and enchantment. Drawn from the works of folklorists Lafcadio Hearn and Yei Theodora Ozaki, these tales are by turns terrifying, exhilarating, and poetic.
• Striking illustrations by contemporary Japanese artist Kotaro Chiba
• Special gift edition features an embossed, textured case with metallic gold ink, and a satin ribbon page marker
Fans of Celtic Tales, Ghostly Tales, and Japanese Notebooks will love this book.
This book is ideal for:
• Fans of fairytales, folklore, or ghost stories
• Anyone interested in Japan's history and culture
• People of Japanese heritage
• Collectors of illustrated classics
About the Author
Kotaro Chiba is an illustrator living in Niigata, Japan.
Holiday Gift Pick "Does anyone ever outgrow fairy tales? "Nordic Tales" and "Tales of Japan" are the latest installments in Chronicle's handsomely illustrated series of traditional folk stories. It's the sort of volume that will age with readers."