On Our Shelves Now
The debut book from acclaimed Los Angeles lifestyle brand Poketo! Creative Spaces: People, Homes, and Studios to Inspire explores the lives, homes, and studios of 23 artistic entrepreneurs, authors, and designers.
From a colorful desk in a tiny closet to expansive homes, Creative Spaces features a collection of unique interiors from across the country.
• Each individual feature contains an intimate profile and unexpected takeaways
• Proves creativity can be sparked anywhere
• Filled with stunning photography that shows how these creatives bring art into the everyday
This dynamic book showcases an eclectic mix of creatives, including artist Adam J. Kurtz, ceramicist Helen Levi, and DJ Peanut Butter Wolf, among others.
Fusing lifestyle with interior design, this peek into the spaces and lives of creative professionals will motivate dreamers and thinkers to become doers and makers.
• A perfect gift for interior design fans, design blog readers, art book collectors, and creative entrepreneurs
• A wonderful source of inspiration from the minds behind Poketo
• Great for those who loved The Kinfolk Home: Interiors for Slow Living by Nathan Williams, Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave by Joanna Gaines, and In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs by Grace Bonney
About the Author
Poketo was founded in 2003 by husband-and-wife team Ted Vadakan and Angie Myung. The name Poketo (pronounced "poh-keh-toe") comes from the mispronunciation of "pocket" by Angie's grandmother. The Los Angeles-based brand has grown from a small startup into a creative platform and destination for lifestyle goods designed to put art in the everyday. Together, Ted and Angie have created a diverse collection of thoughtfully designed goods for the creative lifestyle. In addition to its online store, Poketo has four retail locations in Los Angeles, each of which hosts art exhibitions, workshops and other events that serve to foster the creative community. Their debut book CREATIVE SPACES: People, Homes, and Studios to Inspire (Chronicle Books) explores the lives, homes, and studios of over 20 artistic entrepreneurs, designers, cooks, and musicians through a collection of inspired interiors from across the country that brings art into the everyday. More at Poketo.com.
"With this book, Poketo is painting a full-spectrum picture of these creative individuals, so as you're reading this right now, you can hold a little part of their creativity, and humanity, in your hands."—Jaime Derringer of Design Milk