Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Harry Potter series.
- #2: Harry Potter Y La Cámara Secreta (Libro 2) / Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2) = Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Paperback): $13.95
- #3: Harry Potter Y El Prisionero de Azkaban (Libro 3) / Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3) = Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: Harry Potter Y El Cáliz de Fuego (Libro 4) / Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4) (Paperback): $19.95
- #5: Harry Potter Y La Orden del Fénix (Libro 5) / Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5) (Paperback): $20.95
- #6: Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince (Paperback): $12.99
- #7: Harry Potter Y Las Reliquias de la Muerte (Libro 7) / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) (Paperback): $19.95
Harry Potter has never been the star of a Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to hatch a dragon, and has never worn a cloak of invisibility.
All he knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley - a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.
But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to an incredible place that Harry - and anyone who reads about him - will find unforgettable.
For it's there that he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic in everything from classes to meals, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.
This gorgeous new edition in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone features a newly designed cover illustrated by Caldecott Medalist Brian Selznick, as well as the beloved original interior decorations by Mary GrandPré.
About the Author
Brian Selznick’s books have garnered countless accolades worldwide, and have been translated into more than 35 languages. He is the Caldecott Medal-winning creator of the #1 New York Times bestsellers The Invention of Hugo Cabret, adapted into Martin Scorsese’s Oscar-winning movie Hugo; and Wonderstruck, adapted by celebrated filmmaker Todd Haynes, with a screenplay by Selznick; as well as The Marvels and Baby Monkey, Private Eye (co-written with Dr. David Serlin). Selznick divides his time between Brooklyn, New York, and San Diego, California.
Mary GrandPré has illustrated more than twenty beautiful books, including The Noisy Paint Box by Barb Rosenstock, which received a Caldecott Honor; Cleonardo, the Little Inventor, of which she is also the author; and the original American editions of all seven Harry Potter novels. Her work has also appeared in the New Yorker, the Atlantic Monthly, and the Wall Street Journal, and her paintings and pastels have been shown in galleries across the United States. Ms. GrandPré lives in Sarasota, Florida, with her family.