Revolutionary Baby is a collection of original stories exploring the fears and struggles of ordinary men and women caught between conflicting ways of life, touched in different ways by the revolutions that made our century. They offer an intense journey through tales of self-discovery, freedom, and uneasy love.
- Andrea, a pregnant feminist, defies her husband and gives birth at a chaotic anti-Vietnam War rally while he is drinking with a new mate at the seaside. His fate is sealed.
- A bachelor farmer rejects a possible bride when he discovers her alarming secret.
- A short man seeks to grow taller but encounters a life-altering situation that no one, least of all him, could have expected.
- On a rural commune an exile from the Party ponders his political legacy but never dreams that his children will take his life's work to the tip.
- Thousands throng the streets of Bangkok, hoping for a revolution but settling for 30% democracy.
- A wealthy Sydney widow longs for a man to give her the love she craves and decides she needs cosmetic surgery in Thailand. A random act of violence leads to a surprising new way of life.
These unnerving stories describe personal and political change, disappointment, ingenuity, and hope, as the twentieth century fades into memory and post-modern turmoil takes the stage. Revolutionary Baby: Strange Tales from the Twentieth Century will surprise, entertain and sometimes shock.