Explore the irresistible splendor of "The Venice of the North"
Whether you want to stroll along the historic canals, discover cutting-edge modern art galleries, or dine in world-class restaurants, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that St Petersburg has to offer.
Packed with magnificent palaces, stunning churches and opulent treasures of the Romanov dynasty, St Petersburg is a place where the Imperial past comes to life. Alongside this are ubiquitous reminders of the country's Soviet period, making the city a collision of eras and architectural styles that continue to delight all who visit.
Our regularly updated guide brings St Petersburg to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of St Petersburg's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of St Petersburg
- our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Want the best of St Petersburg in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 St Petersburg for top 10 lists to all things St Petersburg.
Wanderlust Travel Awards 2009 – 2014
"Known…for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option…Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer